Skip To Content

How to change your address with the post office and other agencies

How to Change Your Address with the USPS

You have two options when it comes time to let the post office know you are going to change your address permanently, or temporarily, and want your mail forwarded to your new location.

  • Go to to change your address online
    • This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately receive an email confirming the change.
    • There is a charge of $1.10 to change your address online. You will need a credit or debit card and a  valid email address. The $1.10 charge to your card is an identity verification fee to prevent fraud and to also make sure that you are the one making the change.
    • Warning – You DO NOT need to pay a separate company to change your address. Scammers may charge $40, or more, to do what you cvan d o for just $1.10 using the moving section of the website.
  • Go to your local post office and request the Mover’s Guide packet.
    • Inside the packet is PS Form 3575. Fill out this change of address form and give it to a postal worker behind the counter. Or, simply drop it into the letter mail slot inside the post office.
    • You should receive a confirmation letter at your new address within 5 business days.

Helpful Links to Change Your Address with other Government Agencies

Here are some other federal and state agencies to contact when changing your address –

Trackback from your site.

Comments are closed.